Community Law Marlborough provides free community legal services to meet the unmet legal needs in our community. Our community is the Marlborough district including Havelock, Picton and Kaikoura. We are funded by the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) to provide these services to you but welcome any donations/koha.
Our Principles are:
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Accountability to our Community
- Promoting participartory justice and self reliance
- Increasing people's knowledge and expectations on Law
- Integrity and Professionalism
Mission: Empowering our Community to access Justice by providing free legal services to all with unmet legal needs.
Our Service: is for everybody in Marlborough and Kaikoura with an unmet legal need, who cannot afford a lawyer, are not eligible for legal aid, or have experienced economic, social, cultural, or other barriers to accessing legal services.
Vision: Access - Empowerment - Justice
Community Law Marlborough and MVIP
are hosting a workshop to assist NGO’s to respond and create relevant policy and safety plans for
Domestic Violence Leave Legislation
First Responder Training
Understand the dynamics effects of domestic violence
- Understand the dynamics and effects of domestic violence
- Introducing the 6 step intervention model and practicing in small groups
- recognizing the signs
- respond - support and validate
- risk assessment
- safety plan
- refer to a specialist
- Discussion about how to respond to a selection of workplace scenarios
See our Education tab for further details or for registration details.